You have options.
An exit strategy is a plan for transitioning management and/or ownership of a company to another entity, to shareholders (through transfers of ownership) or to other family members.
Without a well-conceived business strategy, the value of a company may not increase properly and exit options can become limited. The business strategies to be considered can include a range of options, from a straightforward sale of a company, to more intricate transfers of ownership such as an employee or management buyout. Joint ventures and strategic alliances, streamlined sales of assets, and a public offering of stock can also be evaluated. Many issues have to be addressed in order to maximize a company's value, including business, economic, personal, interpersonal and cultural aspects. No two business owners will weigh these issues alike; the choice of an exit strategy must be based on the individual owner’s assessment of the importance of each issue.
At RSI, we prepare a working exit strategy by using a multi-step process:
- Prepare a solid business plan to provide a foundation to increase value and expand exit options
- Evaluate the exit options while assessing the potential of each to maximize the value of the business
- Carefully examine the exit options to assist owners to identify the strategy of their choice
- Once the exit strategy is identified, formulate a blueprint for action
- Execute the business plan approved by the owners while simultaneously implementing the exit plan
RSI individually designs each business plan and exit strategy to meet the specific needs of our clients.